So, this isn’t really a recipe, but it’s something that I like to eat and I eat it often.
I love love love hard boiled eggs! If a salad has them in it, it makes it special. I’m addicted to many Asian dishes that come with them as a garnish – Ramen, Nasi Lemak, Laska etc. I remember the first time I tried stuffed eggs – sooooo good!
So when I was little and we ate a sandwich bar, bakery or cafe I would always get a egg and lettuce sandwich, or a curried egg sandwich or a egg and salad sandwich.
Recently, I have been adding to the typical egg and mayo combo, to make my sandwich filling more of an American style egg salad.
You can anything you like, I always have an onion tasting element (red onion, spring onion or chives) and some fresh parsley. Sometimes I add avocado instead of mayo or curry powder/garrum marsala, or chopped celery, different herbs or capers or cheese etc.
I also now, usually replace the lettuce with baby kale, the flavor goes well with the eggs and it is more nutritious
My method for boiling eggs
- Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with enough cold water to cover.
- Place on high heat until boiling, let boil for about 5 minutes.
- Drain, and place eggs in a bowl and over with cold water. Let sit, until cool enough to handle or completely cool, depending on how hungry you are
- To peel, I roll on a chopping board to crack shell all over, and then peel making sure to break membrane so shell comes of more easily. (This process is easier if the egg has completely cooled)
Recipe for 1 generous sandwich
2 hard boiled eggs
1 tbs of good whole-egg mayo
about a 1/4 of a small red onion finely sliced
1 tsp of finely chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper.
1 small handful of baby kale
2 pieces of bread of your choice or a roll
Mash eggs and mayo with a fork until well combined, stir in onion and parsley. Season
Top bread with kale and then egg mixture, enjoy!
- Guiltfree egg salad (ceepure.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Egg & Cress Sandwiches (healthyhoosierscsa.com)
- Egg Salad Stuffed Tomato (casperinaskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Spicy Egg Salad (expertscolumn.com)
- Egg Salad Sandwiches (garlicfreecooking.wordpress.com)